- 2020 – present: The Open University, PhD, Variable stars in the SuperWASP all sky survey
- 2012 – 2020: The Open University, BSc Natural Sciences (Astronomy and Planetary Science), Upper Second-class Honours
- 2006 – 2009: University of Leicester, BSc Computer Science, First Class Honours
- SuperWASP and VeSPA: Giving Results Back to Citizen Scientists (poster), NAM 2021, Bath, UK, 2021 (online)
- VESPA: The SuperWASP Variable Star Photometry Archive (poster), EAS 2021, Leiden, The Netherlands, 2021 (online)
- An Interactive Catalogue of Variable Stars, STFC Introductory Course in Astronomy for New Research Students, Armagh, UK, 2021 (online). Winner of 1st prize, Best Student Talk.
- Large-Scale Citizen Science with the Zooniverse, Petabytes to Science/Data Inclusion Revolution, Cambridge, MA, 2019
- Zooniverse Project Building Tutorial, Petabytes to Science/Data Inclusion Revolution, Cambridge, MA, 2019
- Building the Zooniverse into Your Pipeline, Hotwiring the Transient Universe, Northwestern University, 2019
- Easier Development and Reproducibility With Docker, Wetton Workshop: Planning for Surprises – Data Driven Discovery in the era of Large Data, University of Oxford, UK, 2018
- Building the Zooniverse Platform, Defining Principles For Mobile Apps and Platforms Development in Citizen Science, Gothenburg University, Sweden, 2017
- The Zooniverse Community, Participatory Engagement Master Class, Maynooth University, Ireland, 2017
See Academic Publications for a full list of publications, including those where my contributions were only minor. You can also find a list of my publications on ORCiD and ADS. Notable publications are listed below.
- Adam McMaster et al., ‘VeSPA: The SuperWASP Variable Star Photometry Archive’, Research Notes of the AAS 5, no. 10 (October 2021): 228, https://doi.org/10.3847/2515-5172/ac2de8.
- Thiemann, Heidi B, Andrew J Norton, Hugh J Dickinson, Adam McMaster, and Ulrich C Kolb. ‘SuperWASP Variable Stars: Classifying Light Curves Using Citizen Science’. Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society 502, no. 1 (2 February 2021): 1299–1311. https://doi.org/10.1093/mnras/stab140.
- LIGO’s Second Neutron Star Merger: Squeaking by With Just One Detector, Astrobites, July 2021
- Astronomy’s Easier if You Learn to Code!, Popular Astronomy, May-June 2021
- We Are All Stardust, New Principia, Issue 1, 2019
- Randomize Your GNOME Wallpaper (contributed article), Linux Desktop Hacks, Jono Bacon & Nicholas Petreley, O’Reilly Media, 2005, ISBN 978-0596009113
- 2014 – 2020: University of Oxford, Zooniverse Infrastructure Engineer
- 2011 – 2014: Rock Kitchen Harris, Web Developer
- 2002 – Present: Valcato Hosting, Director